Scholarstab in this post will be teaching you how to permanently delete OKCupid account. Since the mobile app doesn’t support permanent account deletion, you’ll need a computer to carry out this task. And we do want to warn and remind you of the action you seek to take.
Deleting the account is permanent, so if you think you’ll want to come back to this platform in the future, choose “disable”. But I hope you won`t. Most importantly, I trust that a good reason is your drive.
Signing off from social media due to depression, stress, and anxiety is common, says University of Nevada, Las Vegas communication studies professor and social media researcher, Natalie Pennington.
From what I’ve been led to believe, (by the girls that I know that have deleted their profiles,) the messages are frequently annoying, banal or offensive and they never stop. It supposedly becomes off-putting rather quickly. Says Nick Manteris, OkCupider since 2004.
Nevertheless, before we begin with how to delete OkCupid account. We will like to give a solution to most of the issues users find uncomfortable that some times result in their exiting this platform. Look through them carefully and see if your path can be enlightened the more.
Some Helpful Questions Answered
- If I delete my OkCupid account, can I create another one with the same email account?
After you delete your account, the email will be free to be used again, but NOT the username (for obvious reasons). Attempting to set up a new account with previously used emails will result in a brand spanking new account.
If you’ve disabled your account, the username and email are held indefinitely.
To regain access to the account, simply log in using the original credentials (username and password), and your account will be re-enabled, and all content will be restored.
How do you delete an OkCupid profile?
- If you go to your profile (click on your picture) and select “settings”
- Access the screen for account management.
- In the lower right corner are buttons to disable (keeps the account but takes it out of searches and such) or delete (gets rid of everything; if you come back, you’d have to start from scratch). When you delete, they probably throw a “are you really sure?” or two at you, but it eventually takes.
How can I block certain creepy OkCupid users from seeing my OkCupid profile?
If you visit their profile (THE ONE YOU WANT TO KEEP OFF) there is an option on the page (top-right) to block. This works if you know exactly which users you’re trying to block. OR
On the other hand, if you want a more proactive, automatic way of sorts, Incognito mode (“racoon mode” as I like to call it) lets you remain invisible except to those you choose to like or message. The downside to this is you won’t show up in searches so you’ll have to do the searching and won’t get any surprise messages from people you haven’t already found. But the upside is that this ensures that nobody who you don’t first approve can contact you or even see your profile.
How common is it for people to lie about their age on OkCupid?
Pretty common… There are no real checks and balances to ensure truth on any dating site, and everyone is out to be as attractive as possible. Some people are willing to shade reality slightly for any edge.
Other people are meticulously honest, but they are the exception.
How to change password
If you already know your password but want a new one:
- Open the tap
- Click your profile icon,
- Then on Account Settings
- Now tap on Password.
- Here change your password
*On the web, go to your settings page and enter a new password at the bottom of the page.
How to Delete OkCupid Account Permanently
1. Open the OkCupid Home page.
2. If you aren’t logged in, click Sign in in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your email address and password, and click Let’s go.
3. Click your profile picture. It’s in the top right corner of the page.
4. Tap Settings. You’ll see this option in the drop-down menu.
5. Here tap on My Account. This tab is on the left side of the screen.
6. Scroll down and click Go here. It’s a link in the sentence on the page: “Go here to disable or delete your account.”
7. Select Delete Account. It’s the red button at the bottom of the page.
8. Now tyype your password into the “Confirm” box.
You can also check a reason for leaving and leave an explanatory comment in this window
9. Click Delete. It’s at the bottom of the window. Doing this will permanently delete your OKCupid account and all data associated with it.
Remember: If you decide to make another OKCupid account, you won’t be able to use the same username.
In Conclusion: Deleting the account is permanent, so if you think you’ll want to come back to this platform in the future, choose “disable”. But I hope you won`t. Most importantly, I trust that a good reason is your drive.
I hope this helps and I wish you well. Comment or send a message if you have more to say / ask. Do this by dropping comment at the comment section below and be sure we will be glad to hear from you.