Fully deleting social media is, of course, dependent on the individual. And the reasons why they connect and how it makes them feel. All the same, in the course of this post; our primary goal will be to give you a guideline on how to delete Tumblr account permanently – Likewise, we shall also be treating other issues that concerns Tumblr in this page. Go with us and get it right.
Before you do anything, please be aware that deletions cannot be undone. Never, ever. Once you delete Tumblr account, its contents are gone forever.
Tumblr is where you put anything you want. To be simply put. It is yours. Use it however you like.
Tumblr a microblogging and social networking website founded by David Karp. It is a platform that allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. Users can follow other users’ blogs. Bloggers can also make their blogs private.Tumblr hosts over 475 million blogs. The website has over 500 million monthly visitors.
This number has dropped to less than 400 million by August 2019. According to Wikipedia. And if you want to be part of the number that has exited the group. Then, we are here to give you the guide on how Delete Tumblr account permanently
But before we look into the steps and procedures to Delete Tumblr account permanently. Let us see how we might solve some problems that might be your drive to leave the platform. After which we shall go straight to show you how to unsubscribe Tumblr account
Leaving vs deleting a group blog
If you’re the sole member of a blog. Choosing “Delete blog” will remove it from Tumblr and release its URL for anyone to use. However, if there’s at least one remaining member of the blog. You can’t delete it, but choosing “Leave blog” will remove you from it. If you were the only blog Admin. Another member will be automatically promoted to Admin.
This means, that the blog won’t be deleted but you won’t have access to it anymore. Think of it as breaking up with your blog permanently.
What bothers you most on Tumblr?
How to Add Members
To add other members to a group blog:
- Click the account menu (the person silhouette) at the top of the dashboard.
- Mouse over the blog you’d like to add members to and click the person icon that appears to the right of the blog name.
- Click “Members.”
- Type the person’s email address and click “Invite to this blog.”
- Tumblr will send an email with an invite link.
How to Change Your Password
Are you having problem with your password? Here`s the solution to it.
Changing your password can be quite simple on Tumblr.
To change the password of your account:
- You have to be logged in
- Click “Settings” under the account menu at the top of the dashboard (looks like a little human).
- Update your password in the Password section and click “Save.”
In the mobile app
- Tap the account icon (the person silhouette)
- And then the gear icon. From there
- Tap “General settings,” and then
- Click “Password.” Follow the prompts to update your password.
To reset your password
Just head over to our password reset page and request a new one. It may take up to 10 minutes to receive an email from Tumblr. If you try a few times and still aren’t receiving anything, have a look at our article addressing Email troubleshooting for tips on how to fix the problem.
Email Notification Trouble
Do you want to be receiving email or has it become a problem. Tumblr is flooding your email with messages. Here`s how to deal with that.
Email notifications are a great way to find out if you have new followers, post replies, or new messages.
To enable email notifications or disable notifications:
- Visit your notification settings.
- Tap the pencil icon next to any blog you’d like to update, and turn the toggles on for the types of emails you’d like to receive.
- Choose who you’d like to receive those notifications from in the “Notifications” drop-down.
- Click “Save.”
Tumblr 2-Factor Authentication
2-factor authentication makes it especially difficult for anyone other than you hack or access your Tumblr account. This means that aside from your regular login info. You’ll need a couple of extra things to log into your account. This include:
- Your phone (that is password-protected).
- A unique, single-use code (sent via text or generated by an authenticator app).
How to Set up Tumblr two-factor authentication
- Click “Settings” under the account menu at the top of the dashboard (the person silhouette). Or head directly to https://www.tumblr.com/settings/account.
- In the Security section, enable “Two-factor authentication.”
- Now decide whether you’d like to receive the code via text or through an authenticator app.
- Follow the steps laid out in the Settings page.
How to Log in on the web with two-factor authentication
If you’ve enabled two-factor authentication, it should work in this form:
- Log into your Tumblr account.
- Once you’ve received the unique code (either via SMS or through an authenticator app), enter the code in the specified field.
- You’re in!
How to Log in through the iOS or Android apps with two-factor authentication
When you have two-factor authentication turned on, you’ll need to generate a special one-time-use password in order to log in through your mobile apps. Using either app, you should receive the code via text or through an authenticator app, depending on which method you chose during setup. Don’t worry about memorizing that password, by the way. You’ll only need it once.
How to Generate Tumblr Backup Codes
You can generate backup codes to get back into your Tumblr account, in case you don’t have access to your phone for some reason. Here’s how to get them:
- Head to your Account Settings on web.
- In the Security section, click on the “Generate backup codes” button (note that you’ll need to have two-factor authentication enabled in order to see this option).
- Enter your account password when prompted.
- You’ll see 10 backup codes.
- These backup codes can be used whenever you’re prompted to enter a two-factor authentication code. Store them in the safest of places. Just like your password. Keep it safe.
NOTE: That each backup code can only be used once. If you use all 10, simply generate more the same way you generated the bunch you now have.
Backup codes are extremely important, because they’re the only way you’ll be able to turn off two-factor authentication in the event that you lose access to your mobile device.
How to Delete Tumblr account Permanently | Unsubscribe | Trash Tumblr Account
Before you go on, please Note that deletions cannot be undone. Never, ever. Once you delete your blog or account, its contents are gone forever.
Note: You can only delete your account / primary blog from a browser. This simply means that to delete your Tumblr account, you don`t do it with your Tumblr app. You do it on the Web with your computer or in a mobile browser.
To delete your entire account:
1. Log in to your Tumblr account. If you signed up for two-factor authentication (TFA), enter the code sent to your mobile device.
2. Click on the ‘Account’ icon and select ‘Settings”
3. At bottom of the page and select “Delete Account “
4. You will be directed to a screen asking if you are sure. Confirm by entering your email address and password and click “Delete Everything”. If you have TFA on your account, re-enter your email address and the authentication code sent to your mobile device.
6. Your Tumblr account is now deleted, along with all associated blogs and data.
Be aware: Your primary blog will be deleted. If TFA has been enabled for your account, you will be required to input the code.
The secondary blogs that you are the only member of will be deleted, and you’ll be removed from any group blogs you are a member of.
Your blog URL will be released and can be used by anyone who’s looking to create a blog.
You can create a new account using the same email address you used last time.
How to Delete Tumblr Secondary Account / Group Blog
This is how to delete a secondary or group blog.
1. Go to the Web through any browser.
2. On the web: Click “Settings” under the account menu at the top of the dashboard
3. Now, click the name of blog you’d like to delete or leave on the right side of the page.
4. Click “Delete blog” or “Leave blog” at the bottom of the screen.
How to Delete Account On iOS
- Tap the account icon (looks like a person
- Click your blog’s name in the upper left corner
- Then swipe left on the blog you’d like to delete or leave and choose “Delete” or “Leave.”
How to Delete Tumblr Account Permanently On Android
- Tap the account icon (looks like a person)
- Hit your blog’s name in the upper left corner
- Click the gear icon
- Now, Select “Delete this Tumblr” or “Leave the group.”
Remember: If you’re the sole member of the blog. Choosing “Delete blog” will remove it from Tumblr and release its URL for anyone to use.
If there’s at least one remaining member of the blog, you can’t delete it, but choosing “Leave blog” will remove you from it. If you were the only blog Admin, another member will be automatically promoted to Admin.
Tumblr Group blogs
Group blogs are blogs with multiple members (the name “Group blog” was not intended to be mysterious). Only secondary blogs can be group blogs.
Some differences between blog members and admins In Group blog admins
Admins can invite new users, remove existing users, and delete posts by any member.
Members can post to a blog and edit or remove their own posts.
Admins can view and reply to Asks; members cannot.
To give admin privileges to a member, head to the Members page, and click the “Promote to ad”min” button next to the user you’d like to promote.
Note that there are no demotions in group blogging. Once you make someone an Admin, you won’t be able to take away their admin privileges or remove them from the blog. It’s a one-way trip. Make sure you trust that person 1000% before making them an admin of your favourite secondary blog.