LinkedIn. The world’s largest professional network on the internet. You can use LinkedIn to find the right job or internship, connect and strengthen professional relationships, and learn the skills you need to succeed in your career. Once you create a LinkedIn profile, it will allow you to share your professional background online, such as your work experience, education, skills, and recommendations. You can also use LinkedIn to organize offline events, join groups, write articles, post photos and videos, and more. But for any reason, you find any dissatisfaction with this great platform. Here we are to give the right guideline on How To Delete LinkedIn Account Permanently
Utilities available on Linkedin
- Generate business and opportunities
- Maintain a direct contact with leaders in your sector
- Find and be found by professionals in your industry.
- You can recommend and be recommended by your contacts
- You can give and get answers, exchange views, receive or offer advice.
- Sell products
- Find customers, suppliers and employees
- Obtain sponsorship
- Sell tickets for an event
- Have local and national press coverage
- Get traffic to our blog
- Obtain new knowledge through discussions
What that happens when you delete LinkedIn account
“You can reopen your account in most cases if it’s been closed in less than 20 days. But kit will be impossible to recover the following even if you reopen your account:
- Endorsements and recommendations
- Ignored or pending invitations
- Followings (Influencers, Companies, etc.)
- Group memberships”
When to delete LinkedIn Account
Should I delete my LinkedIn account?
Yes, but if you fall in any of these category of people listed below;
- You are retired and no longer working or looking for work.
- Maybe you closed your business and no longer need new clients or plan to start another business.
- You are working for a government agency and don’t need to network with people for your job.
Can I deactivate my LinkedIn account for one some time?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to temporarily deactivate your LinkedIn account.
Although LinkedIn doesn’t offer the option to temporarily disable your account. You can edit your public profile to control what profile information people see when they use search engines. Like Google, Yahoo! and Bing. You can adjust your public profile settings to make your public profile “visible to no one”. Or choose what you want others to see.
How To Delete LinkedIn Account Permanently
Here are the steps on How To Delete LinkedIn Account Permanently:
1. Login into Linkedin account
2. Click on Your Profile Icon and in the drop-down list click on Settings & Privacy.
3. Then click on Settings and Privacy.
4. Then You can either Merge the duplicate account with any other LinkedIn account or Click on Account.
5. Close and delete the account without merging.
6. You can specify any reason or just no reason.
7. Now in the final step give your password to confirm the process.
8. Once you give your password to confirm the process you are informed the account is closed but it will take some time for your linkedin profile url to be removed from search engine.
How to close LinkedIn account that is no longer accessible
You can follow the link that Mindi provided and choose the last option, which will eventually lead to ID verification.
If you search your name on LinkedIn, the profile that has “You” next to it will be the account you are using at the time.
When you are asked to input the email of the account you wish to delete during the ID verification process, you can go ahead and input the URL instead.
How do I reactivate LinkedIn account after deleting
You do not need to delete an account to resolve most problems people have with LinkedIn. Reach out to LinkedIn customer services team so they can help you out. In any way.
But if you have made the mistake or anyone you know have. Then, take this information and recover your account.
“You can reopen your account in most cases if it’s been closed in less than 20 days. If has not been up to 20 days you deleted your account. Then, try logging again and it will be restored again.
How to register a new LinkedIn account
It is as simple as signing up for any other social media network. The steps are as following:
1. Visit the LinkedIn signing up page.
2. Write your first name.
3. Write your second name.
4. Provide your details.
5. Add a password as per LinkedIn requirement.
6. Your account has been created.
7. Now you can complete your profile by filling in all the empty fields.
And it is done, you have registered successfully!