How To Delete Telegram Account Permanently – Telegram is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security, it’s super-fast, simple and free. You can use Telegram on all your devices at the same time. Your messages sync seamlessly across any number of your phones, tablets or computers. With it, you can send messages, photos, videos and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc). As well as create groups for up to 200,000 people or channels for broadcasting to unlimited audiences. You can write to your phone contacts and find people by their usernames. As a result, Telegram is like SMS and email combined — and can take care of all your personal or business messaging needs. In addition to this, they support end-to-end encrypted voice calls.
Telegram is for everyone who wants fast and reliable messaging and calls. Business users and small teams may like the large groups, usernames, desktop apps and powerful file sharing options. Nevertheless, in this post today, we shall be guiding you (viewer) on the correct steps and procedures on how to delete Telegram account permanently successfully
Deleting Telegram Account
You should know this; that once you delete your account it cannot be undone. Your chats, contact list, groups, etc., will be permanently deleted, even if you download Telegram again at a later date.
There are two different ways to delete your Telegram account.
- Deleting by Adjusting Self-Destruction Settings. Self-destruction is one of Telegram’s security features, which sees the account deleted after a certain period of inactivity. The default self-destructs period is six months of inactivity, but you can change this to a shorter period of time, as follows: 1 month, 3months, 6months, 1year…
- Manually Deleting Telegram. There is no ‘delete account’ option in the Telegram app, it has to be done through a web browser either on your mobile device or computer.
How to Backup Before Deleting Account
Actually, You won’t have the ability to keep backup of your messages after deleting Telegram. If you close the account permanently, you have no more access to your account anymore.
There is one way to backup, but it is like double work. Here it is;
Share all that content to another telegram account. that’s it. As there is no other way to back up ur messages in telegram because It offers Cloud backup.
How To Delete Telegram Account Permanently (Self-destruct)
1.Open your Telegram app
2. Go to Settings.
4. Choose Privacy & Security.
5. Scroll down and tap If Away For
6. Choose 1 (if it is how long you would like it to take) month and that’s it!
If you don’t want to wait by leaving your account for auto-deletion, you can take the initiative yourself. Read on to learn how to deactivate your Telegram account manually.
2: Delete your Telegram account manually
Follow these steps to delete your Telegram account in no time. As you might have noticed, there is no option to deactivate account within the Telegram app.
1. Go to the Telegram Deactivation Page on a web browser of your choice. You can use both mobile and desktop browsers – whichever is more convenient for you. Tap: https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate
2. Enter a phone number you’ve signed up with to Telegram and click Next.
Important: make sure to type your number in the international format: +(country code)(city or carrier code)(your number).
3. If you have entered your phone number correctly, you will receive a message in your Telegram app (not SMS) with a confirmation code. Now head back to the Deactivation Page opened in your browser, enter the received code to the respective field, and hit the Sign In button.
4. Now the page will ask why you want to leave Telegram. Since this field is optional, you can point out your reasons for quitting and give feedback or proceed by leaving the field blank. Whatever you choose to do, click Done afterwards.
5. Now you have to confirm that you haven’t made up your mind and you still want to get rid of your account. If you are sure about your decision, click Yes, delete my account in the popup window
How to Delete Group Chats on Telegram
If you want to delete your chats on your side only, the process is the same as with any other message. Long-tap on it and choose Delete.
Now, if you want to delete these messages for every person in a chat group, you’re going to need to be either deleting your own messages or have admin privileges if you want to wipe someone else’s messages. The process will be the same as always except admins will also get the “Delete for everyone” tickbox.
However, not all admins might have that power. So if you’re an admin and you can’t delete messages for everyone, talk to the person that appointed you admin and ask for them to grant you the necessary permission by going to;
- Manage Group
- Your Admin Profile.
Congratulations! Your quest on how to delete your Telegram account permanently has been achieved.