Whatsapp is now the most used app on smartphones. And a big part of smartphone users frequently or regularly use Whatsapp for messaging purpose. Now it is your priority to decide whether to be a part of it or not. Nevertheless, in this post, we shall be guiding you on the steps and procedures – How To Delete WhatsApp Account Permanently
Moreover, we shall be doing our best to inform and guide you more properly. On other relevant things that you should know about WhatsApp. Even before going into the procedures on how to delete WhatsApp account permanently – Therefore, we plead your full attention as we match along.
WhatsApp is a mobile application that enables users to chat with one another one-to-one or as a group.
Importance | Uses of a WhatsApp account
- It is mostly used in sending files
- Sending text messages
- In making Voice calling
- Video calling
- Sending voice messages
- You can also use it in sending photos
- There are also options to create a group chat, which can have up to to 256 members. I’ve used these for communication with colleagues but they can come in handy for students, family chats etc.
Warning before deleting your account
Once you delete your account you can not access your backup file. You can recover it only when you reinstall it in the same device or another. Be aware that if you delete your account permanently, your message history along with the Google Drive backups will be deleted automatically.
What that happens to your account when it deleted
- Your profile will no longer come up on people’s friend’s lists and groups.
- Phone number will also no longer have an association with the company.
- Your data will theoretically be removed from WhatsApp’s servers.
- All of your chat history will be removed from your device
How To Delete WhatsApp Account Permanently
To delete your WhatsApp account;
1. Open your WhatsApp App from your Mobile phone
2. Then, go to Settings
3. Tap on Account
4. And you will see Delete My Account. Here you will get two options-either you can change your number for the same WhatsApp account or you can permanently delete your account. So, make your choice and Tap on delete my account.
Remember: That if you delete your account permanently, your message history along with the Google Drive backups will be deleted automatically.
5. If you are okay with the above condition. Then, you need to give your country code along with your phone number with which you had created the account.
6. Clicking on the “Delete My Account” button below will take you to a new page. You will be asked to select a reason for deleting and some feedback(which is optional). Click again on the Delete My Account button.
7. It will again ask you if you are sure to delete it. After confirming your account will be deleted permanently.
And Congratulations you have achieved your purpose on How To Delete WhatsApp Account Permanently!
How To Close WhatsApp Account Permanently From PC
NOTE: For now, there is no such option to delete WhatsApp account from PC.
But you can certainly remove the session of WhatsApp Web if you want to do that.
1. Begin by going to your WhatsApp from your mobile phone.
2. Then, log into your into your WhatsApp Web
3. It will show you something like this in your mobile phone:
4. Click on that and remove, or log out from all computers using your mobile phone.
How TO delete “WhatsApp” status
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Click on Status.
3. Tap on My Status. If you’ve already got a status, tap the little circle with a + sign on the top right.
4. Take a photo by pressing the shutter button, or hold the button for a video. Or select one from the camera roll at the bottom of the screen.
5. Add a caption if you want by tapping on Add a caption, and then tap on the Send icon at the bottom right.
6. You can tap on it to view or press the menu button on the right side to check how many people have seen the update or to forward it. Tap on the eye icon to see the names of the people.
NOTE: The WhatsApp status will disappear in 24 hours.
Here is another method to create a WhatsApp Status:
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Click on the camera icon on the top left.
3. Take a photo or video, or select one from the camera roll.
4. Add a caption if you want. Tap the green tick to finalise.
5. Next you can either send it to a contact, or select My status to update your status. Tap the Send icon at the bottom right.
6. You can now go to the Status tab to see your status, as above.
Opps! I messed up, how do I delete my WhatsApp Status?
Made a mistake? Don’t worry about it, you can easily delete these updates. This is how you can delete your WhatsApp Status:
7. Open WhatsApp obviously.
8. Go to the Status tab. Scroll to find the status you want to delete.
9. Tap on the eye icon that shows how many people have seen the status. This will show a list of the people who viewed your status.
10. Tap the trash icon, and tap Delete to confirm.
There doesn’t seem to be a way to delete multiple WhatsApp Status updates in one go though, so don’t mess up too much!